Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our black hen is the one that is laying the egg that we can find at least.  Red isn't laying any that we can find. I went to see if any eggs were in the nest box and seems that Blackie may want to hatch this egg.  She wouldn't let me near it and she kept nosing it further and further under her to keep it warm.  I hope she does hatch it out.  We shall see if she leaves it or stays.  I'll let you know tomorrow
Here are the last eggs we received
 Here is the new incubator 
 My little helper Bailee
  The full incubator 
  
 The duck eggs seem to have a shell that is easier to see the progress
 Another duck egg
 Duck egg
 And yet another duck egg
All the eggs that weren't progressing, I made sure to double and triple check that none had veins started to make sure that we weren't killing them essentially. 

Porky and Petunia drinking water. They let me get close enough to touch their nose on my hand but as soon as I go to pet them they kind of jump and get a little scared. 

We planted roses all around the house and one finally started to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment