Monday, August 26, 2013

:(

So for those of you who didn't know, pigs are omnivores. They love the fresh weeds we throw in with them, the fruits and veggies and of course their grain. However, while we were on vacation they managed to break into the duck, chicken and goat pen. The first night Chris's brother called and said hey they got two chickens, that was Thursday night. Well we arrived home on Friday and the pigs decided to eat more. This time they managed to get at least 5 ducks and multiple chickens. All of our older hens were able to get away as they can fly higher up to roost and get away then the little ones can. So needless to say on the 7th I'm buying myself some belated birthday presents at the swap meet. My Cayuga and my Cayuga/muscovy mix managed to survive which made me very happy. The mix does have a spit missing from his back but seems to be just fine. 

We went to Gander mountain yesterday and I was able to get some arrows and a release for my bow. So I was able to sight it in and hopefully I can get a deer this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment