Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 1

So I woke up to get ready and go to work, I did the normal things like brush my teeth and stuff like that.  I then walk into the other bedroom upstairs where my incubators are at.  I am rotating them in the morning when I wake up and roughly between 6:30 and 7 p.m.,  that will be around 12 hours on each side.  Well I rotated them this morning and then look at the dresser they are sitting on, which happens to be my grandma's old dresser, and it is leaking water.  I then tried to move the incubator but that only made it leak more. So I run and get towels and wiped up all of the water and luckily the bottom of the incubator doesn't get hot so I have towels under it now.  But the temp was at a warm 100 degrees so that was good and there was enough water in there to keep circulating.  I took some pictures with my camera last night but forgot to upload them onto my computer so I will be taking more pictures tonight.  Only 6 more days until we can candle them and see if they have baby chicks in them :)

On a side note here is a picture of Sage that I took with my camera and decided to quickly send a picture to my husband since he was at work.  She was very cuddly and lovey when I got home she just wanted to be taken care of.  So tonight I'm going to let Bailee hang out in the garage for a bit while monster comes inside since she can't be around her for a couple more days.  Lexie and Levi will be in the kennel so she won't be bothered.  I'll see if she can make it up the stairs and into the bed and we can relax.  If not the ottoman in the living room is big enough for us to lay on.  She did drink a little water yesterday but she wouldn't eat so hopefully today she has her appetite back, she is a hound after all.



Here is Sage all cute

Here is Red and blackie, no better names then that lol




Red again

Blackie again

First 17 eggs

Second set of eggs 15 total, this is how they arrived in a box

I rearranged the eggs so the others could fit

The second set of eggs after I had marked them with the date and X's on one side and O's on the other so I know which side to put them on each rotation

All the eggs so far, there are 32 total and they are all the same breed of chicken.


For the next set that will go in the other incubator, they are a mix of all kinds of breeds, we are expecting 22+ eggs so hopefully we get a nice variety.  They are currently in Oklahoma and should be here on the 25th.  I'm going to get the other incubator ready and started on the 24th so its ready.

On something totally unrelated to the animals, I'm starting the couch to 5k tomorrow so wish me luck :)

1 comment: